As I grew older in my teen years, books became not only something of a way to escape the present but also like friends. I began to learn about the world around me both in my community as well as outside the United States. I "met" new characters and learned their strengths, triumphs, heartbreaks and family relationships. So many stories and not enough time to get through them all.
During college my love of reading for pleasure dwindling since school took up most of my time but when I graduated two years with a degree in Elementary Education I knew that I really wanted to spend more time reading and teaching children to develop the same devotion that I had to the novels I read. I enrolled in a 2 year program at a school about an hour from my house and have been enjoying it ever since.
On the blog I'll be featuring several things including
- Book Reviews for both Children, Teens and Adults
- Guest posts from other blogger who have love to read
- A possible book club that discusses a particular book during the beginning of each month
- Various website articles/ideas for school librarians to look at
- Various website articles/ideas for public librarians to view
- Your thoughts and opinions about certain books/genres/e-readers and more
I can't wait to get this started and hope you'll share with friends, students or colleagues.