Tuesday, February 7, 2012

90 Minutes in Heaven

 This book was brought to my attention by my soon to be father-in-law who began reading it after his double knee surgery. The cover and title was most appealing and I thought I would enjoy reading a book such as this.

90 Minutes in Heaven talks about the life of Don Piper, a Baptist priest in Texas who gets in a terrible car accident. He's pronounced dead on impact due to a truck colliding with his car head on. During his 90 minutes, Don is actually in heaven. He describes it as a place filled with light surrounded by loved ones that have past away.  “Because I was able to experience heaven,” he says, “I was able to prepare [friends] for it. And now I am preparing you.”

Although the description of heaven only lasts about 15 of the 205 pages, the story itself is remarkable and certainly something to think about. I hope one day I can be in the place that Don describes, surrounded by family and friends that I've missed for so long,

Would you read this book?


If you're a fan of Goodreads check my post out on my other blog! We  can compare books and even suggest ones we love!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this a true story? I'm so happy you started this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's really good and not a book I would normally pick up!

      Delete
  2. I've wondered if the book was good. I saw the gentleman on a TV show like 20/20 or something and was fascinated by his story.

    ReplyDelete